Microsoft Entourage is new E-mail program that comes with Office
2001 for Macintosh. It is similar to Outlook 2000 and Outlook Express
5.x. except that there are new features and design. And It must installed
on OS X
Configuring Up Your E-mail Settings:
1. Open Entourage Program.
2. Click on Tools | Accounts
3. click the "New" button to create a new e-mail account
for Entourage to use.. Otherwise click Edit button to change information
on the existing e-mail account.
4. The "Account Setup Assistant" is pictured below.
Let's skip the long process and go straight to the setup by clicking the
"Configure account manually" button in the lower left
5. Account Type , select it as POP , by clicking at the
little arrows to the far right to set it to POP. Then click OK
button when finished.
6. The "Edit Account" Windows
- Account Name : Put any descriptive name which you will understand.
Make sure that you have checked at "Include this account in
my "Send & Receive All""
- Personal Information
- Name : Put your Full Name.
- E-mail Address : Put your e-mail address in the format of
email@example.com (for example : firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Account ID: Put your User-Name
- POP Server : Put your Hostname (for example , csloxinfo.com,
- Save Password : If it is checked, and you put your password
in the box, it will not ask you next time when you check mail.
- SMTP server : put it as mail.csloxinfo.com
7. The Options tab is showed below in case you might need it.
DO NOT put a check mark in the option
to "Leave a copy of each message on the server" because
Entourage will start reporting that you don't have
any new messages even when you do have new messages (It might be
a bug of program). And it will fill up your mailbox at your ISP and you
won't be able to get new messages.