Before you can continue with
setup make sure you have Windows NT CD, in case you are asked during setup
1 : Installing Remote Access Service
- Right-click the Network
Neighborhood icon, then choose Properties.
- Click on Services
- Check if the Remote Access Service was
already installed. If yes, please skip to step 2.
If not, click Add
Remote Access Service, then press OK.
- You are now prompted to enter the location
of Windows NT CD. If it is correct, click OK.
- The essential files is now being copied
in to your hard drives. Once finishing, you will now be prompted to
add RAS device. Select the port and modem then click OK.
- Click Configure..
- On Configuration port dialog, select either
one between "Dial out only" and
"Dial out and receive call".
- Click Continue.
- Your computer is now restarting. Click
Yes to confirm restarting your Windows.
2 : Setting up Dial-Up Network for RAS Connection
- From the desktop, double-click on My
- Double click Dial
- Double-click the New
- On the New Phonebook
Entry Wizard, type the name you would like to call this entry
(i.e., CS Loxinfo)., then click Next.
- On the Server dialog, put a check next
to these options :
- I am calling the Internet
- Send my plain text password
if thats the only way to connect.
- Click Next.
- Type in the Country code, Area code and
dial-up number for the connection, then click Next.
- Select Point-to-Point
Protocol, then click Next.
- Click Finish.
3 : Connecting to the Internet
To connect, bring up Dialup Networking, select the newly created entry
(CSLoxinfo), and click Dial. In
the "User name" field, enter "your firstname.lastname@example.org"
(Example : email@example.com). Enter your password
as usual, and click OK.
Disconnecting from the
Double click on the connection status icon on the right bottom corner
of the screen. Click Hang up button